Meanwhile in Fla

Anything Goes

10 replies in this topic | 946 reads
z11375ss
Beginner
#1

Image title

Down in Florida for a while. Put over a hundred miles on my bike today. Weather is sunny but cool. Great time to ride!

Joffroi
Administrator
#2

That's a great looking bike. I'm hoping to get one by spring 2017 but we'll see. What model is that?

z11375ss
Beginner
#3

It's a Road King. 2012. I put hard bags on it and had them painted to match the color scheme of the bike. It's like aCadillac! Just a cruiser!

z11375ss
Beginner
#4

Back in Chicongo now. Finished the interior on the Toro. Up next, exhaust. Sold my Vette. It's going away sometime this week. Nice car but a bit too small for me.Image title

1968_Post
Beginner
#5
z11375ss wrote:

Back in Chicongo now. Finished the interior on the Toro. Up next, exhaust. Sold my Vette. It's going away sometime this week. Nice car but a bit too small for me.Image title

Is that Pete's old car?

z11375ss
Beginner
#6

It sure is. You know Pete eh? This was a solid car. I really enjoyed owning it. Pete's a card. Good dude. When I got it, it needed paint, engine, and interior. Other than that, it was perfect! Just kidding. I bought the car because it was all there and he owned it for 25 years before I bought it. Car was a bit too small for me. That's why I kept it and drove it for 10 years! LOL!

1968_Post
Beginner
#7
z11375ss wrote:

It sure is. You know Pete eh? This was a solid car. I really enjoyed owning it. Pete's a card. Good dude. When I got it, it needed paint, engine, and interior. Other than that, it was perfect! Just kidding. I bought the car because it was all there and he owned it for 25 years before I bought it. Car was a bit too small for me. That's why I kept it and drove it for 10 years! LOL!

Pete and I worked together in Atlanta and were neighbors in Newnan. He is definitely a hoot! He told me he had sold his LT-1 to someone in Illinois and occasionally went to a car show with you. Another thing about Pete... he is, without a doubt, the WORST driver I have ever ridden with! He'd scare the crap outta me when we'd ride together to work.


BTW, I bought a one-owner, original paint, original interior Steel Cities Gray 1972 LT-1 in the late eighties and early nineties. I sold it to Dave Glass from D&M Corvette and he kept it in his stable for over 10 years. It won best stock Corvette at the Chevy/Vettefest in 1990.

z11375ss
Beginner
#8

I don't know much about his driving except that he scattered the LT1 in this car all over 294 coming back from Road America back in the day. The transport came to get the car today. It may be gone but PGis still my bud. Steel cities gray is a great color! I saw one that color at Pheasant Run in 2012?

z11375ss
Beginner
#9

Image titleSo was it like this one that was at Pheasant Run? I spoke with a guy who said he had owned about 50 Vettes in his lifetime and he thought this one would auction in the low 40s that day. I almost got a paddle! I think you should edit Pete's full name out of your post now that we know who we're talking about. I wouldn't want my name being out there like that anyway. No offense intended. He does have an incredibly sordid past with the farm animal thing and all. Does he owe you money too?

1968_Post
Beginner
#10
z11375ss wrote:

Image titleSo was it like this one that was at Pheasant Run? I spoke with a guy who said he had owned about 50 Vettes in his lifetime and he thought this one would auction in the low 40s that day. I almost got a paddle! I think you should edit Pete's full name out of your post now that we know who we're talking about. I wouldn't want my name being out there like that anyway. No offense intended. He does have an incredibly sordid past with the farm animal thing and all. Does he owe you money too?

Lol, you do know him well! Good suggestion on the name, and done. Mine was a coupe. I loved the car, but it was like driving a rotisserie! I drove it to Bloomington one year and remember hardly being able to touch the shifter. I'll find a pic of it somewhere and send it to you.

z11375ss
Beginner
#11

Yeah, mine was a HOT rod too. My buddy has a C4 and it's not cool either. Matter of fact I have another friend with a C2 and it's an oven as well. Must be a built in design to make you really want to drive these cars when you do.

You must be logged in to post on the forums