Posting Bot

1970 Oldsmobile 442

• Year: 1970
  • Model: 442
  • Price: $23,000
  • Ad Link: Link
Ad Description
I have a photocopy of the build sheet and all receipts from 1997 until today
Car was built in Freemont, California. It went to Canada in 1996 and had a frame off restoration. It then came back to "Les Stanford Motors" in Dearborn Michigan. It was sold to the owner before me on 1-14-1997.
There is no rust on this car. Frame is still painted and floorpans as well. Trunk has correct spatter paint.
I have a poly glass spare that looks to be the correct match for an original.
Wheels are 15 " and I am missing some/most of the centercaps
235/60 r15 in front
255/60 r15 in back
Tires are in good shape. Front passenger is new and all four have new valve stems

Some factory options include
AC, power disc brakes, recessed wipers, tilt steering w deluxe wheel, dual exhaust, AM FM stereo w rear speaker, speed minder, heavy duty cooling, and a performance axle.

car came with a vinyl top that was removed, and paint matched. came with a 3.23 ratio axle, upgraded to 3.42:1. This car has the W-25 ram air hood added. It appears to be an original (not reproduction) hood.

The variable ratio power steering box has been upgraded to a fast ratio power steering box.

Very strong motor:
.030 over 455, 1968 F block
Edelbrock aluminum heads, with crane Gold race roller rockers in 1.6 ratio.
Erson hydraulic Roller lifters

Lunati roller cam
112 LSA
ADV Dur 279/290
DUR at .050 227/234
lift .0565

Mallory HEI distributor
Full length ceramic coated headers
Dual exhaust with crossover and flowmaster mufflers
ARP hardware through out motor
Edelbrock performer intake
Quick fuels ss830 cfm carb w electric choke
Mondello bearing straps on crank bearings.
New Melling oil pump and new canton pan
New timing set, new valve springs
Be Cool Aluminum Radiator with dual electric fans.

Vintage Air, heat and air. Fully Working Installed new earlier this summer of 2018

B&M S/S TH 400 trans

Fast ratio steering box
New upper control arm bushings and new upper ball joints.

3.42 Posi rear end w W-27 cover

Custom Auto Sounds radio, with Polk audio DXi69 3 way speakers in rear and 6.5" infinity reference speakers in new kick panels up front. I added spacers under the rear speakers, to keep from cutting the package tray.

New carpet has been installed and a butyl style sound deadener applied under carpet.

Will include a custom fit car cover.

Needs:

The car needs new front and back door panels, a drivers side front armrest, both quarter window glass seals (between front and rear windows). It could also use a front seat cover, some buttons are missing and a small one inch split is starting near the drivers right leg. It will need a new knob for the power seat switch. Power seat does work though.

There are some flaws in the paint, but overall it looks very good. There are some touchups that have been made due to scratches and rock chips. Both front fenders have some crazing in the paint, and the passenger side has some crow's feet between the door and rear tire.

Spares:
Original variable ratio power steering box.
Original AC compressor, and mounts.
Original HVAC box, heater core and evaporator and dashboard controls.
Original radio (non working)
Vinyl top trim

videos copy and paste into your browser

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0SEtLLGiUvJBCVWnXyk0A

pics
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VxYNS71chG0JHQyDLDJ_MCvLJc6D6Kd7
75 W-30 H/O
Beginner
The stance on that car is perfect.
Joffroi
Administrator
Looks like the owner got it sold. I hope he didn't stray from his price too much because that was a good looking car.
You must be logged in to post on the forums