Wanted: 1969 Ebony Black 442 or 1970 Twilight Blue 442

Wanted

8 replies in this topic | 2,229 reads
Zrzoun

I'm looking for something as original as possible, and therefore I'd prefer numbers matching. Faded original paint is much cooler to me than a brand new spanking paintjob in a non-factory color.

Looking for a 1970 Oldsmobile 442 - Twilight Blue (Color Code 28)

Condition:
A straight, rust free body is the most important feature. Might even consider a non-runner if everything else checks out (and the price is right). Will also consider projects that require little to no bodywork.

Exterior:
Good ol' Twilight Blue, love that color, especially with white or black stripes (stripes not a requirement, though). As little rust as possible, may be able to handle a little bit of surface rust, but that's about it.

Interior:
Black or white. Don't mind rips in the seats.

Body style:
Hardtop, not looking for a convertible. Doesn't matter if it's post or not.

Transmission:
4 speed is a major plus, would want a floor shifter on auto, but if everything else checks out I'll definitely consider a column shifter.

Options:
Power steering, power brakes and air condition are all musts, a posi rear end is a massive plus.The exception would be a 4 speed with posi, then I'd consider one without A/C.

Budget:
Depends on the exchange rate, but per now it stops hard at $10k.

OR

1969 Oldsmobile 442 - Ebony Black (Color Code 10)

Condition: A straight, rust free body is the most important feature. Might even consider a non-runner if everything else checks out (and the price is right). Will consider projects that require little to no bodywork.

Exterior:
Ebony Black. Vinyl or no vinyl makes no difference. Vinyl can be black or white (white only if the interior is white as well). As little rust as possible, may be able to handle a little bit of surface rust, but that's about it.

Interior:
Black or white. Don't mind rips in the seats.

Body style:
Hardtop, not looking for a convertible. Doesn't matter if it's post or not.

Transmission:
4 speed is a major plus, would want a floor shifter on auto, but if everything else checks out I'll definitely consider a column shifter.

Options:
Power steering, power brakes and air condition are all musts, a posi rear end is a massive plus.

Budget:
Depends on the exchange rate, but per now it stops hard at $10k

Zrzoun

A bump with some updates in the original post.

Joffroi
Administrator

Not sure if this fits your bill for the 70 442.....

Original post: http://realoldspower.prophpbb.com/topic8987.html

1970 442 numbers matching motor and th400 trans, 3.23 posi, air, cruise, power trunk, am/fm, code 28 paint twilight blue, white vinyl top, w/ black buckets, rally wheel, clock, dualgate shifter, ss1's w BFG radials, 70 flatridge fenders and 70 decklid.
I couldn't pass this car up since it was very original and numbers matching. But it is #4 on the project list, so I'm offering it up as a winter project. This is a very solid start for a 70. The car runs very well, stops, turns all good. I just drove it 50 miles with no issues. The springs, shocks, brakes, tires, exhaust are all like new. The car has less rust then most 70-72 a bodies. It's had one repaint 25 years ago. Fenders are very nice, doors good, rear quarter lip and drops are good. The car is matching numbers, and a great color combo. Personally I had planned to change the white top to black. Driver rear 1/4 has surface rust - bad prep.
I started taking a few things apart to determine whats required. The car will need new front floors, which I have. The interior is decent, but will need to be replaced if your restoring the car. I have a brand new PUI front and back set. Needs a headliner of course. Carpet..all the usual stuff. Grills, trim, etc.... dependingon what your doing. Best thing to do if seriously interested is pm me for more pics. Car is 10K or best offer as is (with the exception of the 7040256 carb now on the car). I have several other carbs to choose from 251's 250's.. I also have ss2's, steel wheels/caps, and a 70 OAI hood I may include for extra cash.
Car is in northern NJ.
Thanks

blue 2.jpg

Zrzoun

Thanks, Joffroi. I'm definitely looking closer into this one!

Zrzoun

Inquired about it, but he wanted cash-in-person, so the hunt continues.

Joffroi
Administrator

Another more project looking one popped up you may be interested in.

http://classicoldsmobile.com/forums/cars-sale/97570-1970-442-project-twilight-blue.html

Zrzoun

Pardon the late reply, I've had a look at it a few times, but after going over the math my funds are far too low for that project (plus, auto + no air isn't really the combo I want)

Zrzoun

Still looking, widened my search to some other color combinations (Trophy Blue, Cameo White for 69s, a dark green I saw once too looked pretty darn good) and looking seriously at Cutlasses ("fastbacks") as well.

Zrzoun

Still looking, widened my search to some other color combinations (Trophy Blue, Cameo White for 69s, a dark green I saw once too looked pretty darn good) and looking seriously at Cutlasses ("fastbacks") as well.

You must be logged in to post on the forums