Possible 1971 W30 for $17,000?

1964-1972

0 replies in this topic | 2,109 reads
Joffroi
Administrator

Saw an ad on craigslist for a 1971 442 with the owner saying there may be a chance for it being a W30. Pictures are terrible and not even really worth posting here and no under the hood shots. Here is the ad info:

1971 Oldsmobile 442 (possible W-30, Numbers matching as told by previous owner, with original paint on entire car. There are W-30 badges on front fenders that look to be original to the car. When I purchased the car years ago the owner told me the person he purchased the car from had taken all W-30 equipment off to transfer onto the 442 convertible he owned. The vehicle has been stored inside in a clean heated garage for the last 25 years (15 in my possession ).Vehicle has a numbers matching 455 motor rebuilt to W-30 specifications, automatic transmission, power steering, power brakes, air conditioning, AM-FM radio, 5 spoke oldsmobile wheels with trim rings, sport steering wheel, and cloth bench seat. Car needs some bodywork, paint, and interior restored. A very solid vehicle needing no panel replacement and little to no rust repair. Priced accordingly as a 442, you can drive it as you restore it since it drives great and it still is possibly a W-30 which would make it worth even more. A great start for someone that does not have $35k-$50k to spend on a restored vehicle. $17,000.00. Please do your research.

https://racine.craigslist.org/cto/6060351166.html

Think there is a chance? Even if so, sounds like there is a great chance all the W30 parts are gone.

You must be logged in to post on the forums