1984 Hurst Oldsmobile

For Sale

6 replies in this topic | 1,106 reads
HowardBishop

Image title

Image title

I buy and sell Mopars for the past 12 years. Its a great hobby. I'm having a ball in retirement!!! In my travels, talking to many peopleand checking garages and classic carleads....I received a call from a private party wanting to sell their 1984 Hurst Oldsmobile. We could not make a deal so I didn't take pictures. It has about 100,000 miles, lightning Rods shifters and T-tops. It hasn't run in 4 years as there was an unexpected motor noise so it was parked. They do not want to face the possible repairs and re-registering it.This is not my expertise except I researched the Hurst Olds models and see that it is one of 3500 vehicles produced in 1984.

I recently received another call from the sameprivateparty wanting to re-negotiate the possible sale.My problem is a good one and a bad one. First "Bad"....There are no other cars like it in my area. There are no parts in my area. The "good".....I'm in a small town in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of California. That means minimal rust. I doubt that it would pass California smog restrictions which must be passed in orderto register newer than 1975 cars. I can buy it without registering it and get the title transferred to me. It has a clear Californiatitle currently.

So I'm looking for any interest in this car. I can buy it and send it along to a more committed Oldsmobile family. Or I can stick with Mopars. I can post pictures after I go back to see it.

PM me by email hotrodhowie46@yahoo.com or call and leave a message.

Thanks

Howard

Bishop, California

Joffroi
Administrator

Sounds like a good find. The gbody Olds seem to be gaining in popularity. Do you have any pictures you could post of the car to better describe its condition?

HowardBishop

Thanks for the question...joffroi. Yes ....I will post pictures ASAP. As a temporary excuse.... I'm selling three Mopars right now and arranging to answer questions for buyersand consider transportation. I will post some pictures sothe audience can judge for themselves. I do not want to pay more than the market can sustain. That's the reason for my post. Is there interest? Will my purchase price result in a non-sale or loss in the future? I also don't want to insult the current owners.

I'm assuming the value to be about $7500-$8500 here and checking the Websites....Old Car Trader, Hemmings.... etc. If I buy it reasonably and resolve the motor issues....it may be worth more.

Thanks

Howard

Joffroi
Administrator

It looks like out of the 100+ that have been posted since my site has been around, it looks like the average floats around 9k. However, like you said a lot is just going to rely on the condition of the car. One did just posted with an asking price of $12,000 that you could use for comparison (link).

Sounds like your hands are pretty full!

HowardBishop

Thank you for the feedback and insights. This site has given me all of the information I could have asked for. We enjoy an incredible hobby. This Hurst Olds needs to be bought and cleaned up and resolve the motor noise. It needs to be back on the road. Could even be a cracked flex plate....? It needs to be driven as these are beautiful luxury cars for their day.....in spite of relatively low HP compared to the resurgence of muscle cars in Dodge-Ford-Chevy. This one has the T-Tops which makes it look unique. I hope to get some pictures posted here if I can buy it right. I don"t think I'll keep it as I'm pretty entrenched in MOPAR....but....someone may get a great car for the future market value.

Again thanks

Howard

Bishop, California

HowardBishop

Pictures Posted on the 1984 Hurst Oldsmobile

Thanks

Howard

Joffroi
Administrator

Looks like the body is in pretty decent shape. Better then the one I just saw listed .....https://springfield.craigslist.org/cto/d/84-hurst-olds/6733951660.html

You must be logged in to post on the forums