0 replies in this topic | 433 reads
Posting Bot

1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442 Convertible

• Year: 1972
  • Model: 442
  • Price: $68,500
  • Ad Link: Link
Ad Description
Absolutely gorgeous factory "Real U code " 442 Convertible Correct and number matching 455cid "U" code W25 RAM Air car with W27 W29 F41 options and more...PS P/T PDB, tach, clock, door key buzzer (all work!) Numbers matching drivetrain from carb to manifolds to radiator with original bucket seat int. and console Hurst Dual gate (His/ Hers shifter) locking center console. All original factory white interior, even the headrests. Factory white top car/power, top is in wonderful shape, No rust ever, no dents, no bondo, no panel damage or body repairs ever...very good to great "factory gaps" Car has had one correct sympathetic repaint that blended old/OEM and new perfectly...much of the car is very original and untouched. No repop parts used (except service parts as needed, hoses, belts, battery, etc) Very tidy OEM under hood condition/trim working A/C this car is in very good condition. This lightly used 82k mile car is documented in vintage magazine articles with all the correct parts from front to rear....down to the boxed trailing arms rear sway bar and factory wire mess found under the "real W25 hood" from the factory. Only about 300 or fewer 455 "U" coda convs. were built in 1972 and of the "U code" very few of those had AC maybe 34-36% optioned out even close to this car....very few are still this nice, or in original trim as found here. I was lucky enough to purchase this car many many years ago from a close friend (still alive) and 20 plus year owner prior to my 6 years of enjoyment. Registrations dating back decades before I got it, he and his wife sparingly used it on nice days in the south GA. and they did a wonderful job of keeping it up as have I....thx CL! call 9 four 9 -3 two two 5831...no trades, no help selling...cash and wire only. Clear CA. title tags and current reg.....all services current and ready to drive anywhere.

Added notes: original dual exhaust and tips thru bumper notches, color keyed wheels, dual rear side view color keyed mirrors, day night rear view, OEM sport steering wheel, tinted glass with working factory antenna in glass and correct working original radio....and much more I'm sure I left out, lol.....this is a investment grade conv from our private collection and is show quality as presented. Also an OEM car lover's car for sure...Installed less than 30 miles ago a brand new set of correct Coker "radial" wide Firestone Oval whites...the ride is Supreme! The wonderful factory color "Solar gold" nearly glows and shines deeply in the sun....hard to find nick or flaw anywhere on it...for sure a future center piece of a GM car collection (you can still drive) if you know your super rare 442s...last picture is BJ 2018 of a "non doc 442" column A/C automatic bench seat 1972 conv U code conv. with a "undocumented miles" statement of 68K original miles selling for over for over 100K. Mecum and other auctions have similar results well into the 90k and up range for this model/option conv 455 car...I believe I've set the price fairly to sell the car locally before ebay or BAT gets a shot. thx CL!
You must be logged in to post on the forums