1969 442 Trim tag question

General Discussion

6 replies in this topic | 4,419 reads

Hi, new here. Buying a 1969 442 complete rebuild requiredand I have figured out most ofthe info on the trim tag except for paint color bottom/top, not positive on the trim either, sure would appreciate some help here. It was made in Canada, numbers on the trim tag are- TR934 11D 652E50, now I think TR934 is Champagne interior, 11D is 4th week of Nov, 652E50 maybe Topaz Poly but the rest I do not get. Thank you for reading, Cheers...

Joffroi
Administrator

Do you have a picture of the entire cowl tag?

Image title

Thank you for reading, I do understand most of this except for the middle line. I do get the 4th week of November though. Tks Eric...

Joffroi
Administrator

The format looks a little different from I know. I pulled about the same information you go. I also have a canadian built 442 (1968 though) and the nice thing is you can call the Canadian GM heritage and order the records of the factory options of the car. Only the Canadian plant kept track of all this. Here was my tag.

Image title

Yes they changed between 68 and 69 from letters to number and I have not been able to decipher this totally. Will look for a gas tank sticker or try the GM heritage program if need be. Thank-you...Nice car you have.

allyolds68
Beginner
69442 wrote:

Yes they changed between 68 and 69 from letters to number and I have not been able to decipher this totally. Will look for a gas tank sticker or try the GM heritage program if need be. Thank-you...Nice car you have.

It's well worth getting the paperwork and it will make it a lot easier to decipher your cowl tag. The TR number is also in the assembly manual. I don't have a 69 assembly manual. If you don't have one you should definitely invest inthat too

Joffroi
Administrator
allyolds68 wrote:
69442 wrote:

It's well worth getting the paperwork and it will make it a lot easier to decipher your cowl tag. The TR number is also in the assembly manual. I don't have a 69 assembly manual. If you don't have one you should definitely invest inthat too

X2. I think it cost about 100 bucks. (maybe a little over). Its really cool to just get that history as well. Always a huge plus to have that information if you ever decide to sell it as well.

You must be logged in to post on the forums