1980 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme , upgrades

General Discussion

5 replies in this topic | 1,453 reads
80cutlassSUP

I just got my first car (1980 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme) i have a reasonable base knowledge for working on cars. I'm wanting to upgrade my car and give it some more get up and go, I know possible ways to do it but im 16 so im looking for ways to do it semi cheap. When looking at aftermarket parts online they dont show parts that will work with my car, im sure some parts are able to be put on just about any vehicle. I was hoping someone can direct me to specific parts and company that will improve my cars. Thank you.

Joffroi
Administrator

Are you going for performance, looks, etc? I feel like an exhaust is a nice place to start.

80cutlassSUP
Joffroi wrote:

Are you going for performance, looks, etc? I feel like an exhaust is a nice place to start.

I have already bought a new exhaust, im just looking for ways to increase power for a reasonable cost

Joffroi
Administrator
80cutlassSUP wrote:
Joffroi wrote:

I have already bought a new exhaust, im just looking for ways to increase power for a reasonable cost

Dual exhaust will help with that a little. Do you still have the original engine? If so, you could always find a nice 350 that will probably fit in there.

80cutlassSUP
Joffroi wrote:
80cutlassSUP wrote:
Joffroi wrote:

Dual exhaust will help with that a little. Do you still have the original engine? If so, you could always find a nice 350 that will probably fit in there.

I have a 350 in it, its in decent condition but i just want to find add on parts to improve its power but am having issues finding parts that will work with my car

Joffroi
Administrator

You'll probably have to give more detail about the engine and what is under the hood. What year is the 350 from? If you have one of the common ones you shouldn't have a problem finding parts to change on that.

You must be logged in to post on the forums