Mondello 455 crate engine had to be rebuilt after only 200 + miles

General Discussion

21 replies in this topic | 17,573 reads
1977CUTLASSSALON
Beginner
allyolds68 wrote:

Did you purchase the car from a private party who had the engine done by Mondello? The reason I ask is there are a number of issues that are not related to the engine or not issues that I would typically think an engine builder would perform (like fuel lines leaking, no cotter pins). They didn't restore the car, did they?

I sent the car to Mondello Performance Paso Robles California. Lynn Welfringerinstalled thenew 455 engine that they built on site. They also installed a new rear end, new trans, new 4 barrel carburetor,new stall converter, new drive shaft, new exhaust with headers, new disc brakes, new suspension, new shocks, new fuel lines, etc etc.

Olds468
1977CUTLASSSALON wrote:
allyolds68 wrote:

Did you purchase the car from a private party who had the engine done by Mondello? The reason I ask is there are a number of issues that are not related to the engine or not issues that I would typically think an engine builder would perform (like fuel lines leaking, no cotter pins). They didn't restore the car, did they?

I sent the car to Mondello Performance Paso Robles California. Lynn Welfringerinstalled thenew 455 engine that they built on site. They also installed a new rear end, new trans, new 4 barrel carburetor,new stall converter, new drive shaft, new exhaust with headers, new disc brakes, new suspension, new shocks, new fuel lines, etc etc.

Did NO one Warn you of this Crook??? He has done this time and time again takes peoples $$ and gives them crap. So Sorry for you Man

droptopron

Christ Bro, I feel for you. I can only imagine what all this cost you, and then to do it twice. Sorry man. At the end of the day, you got a beautiful, unique ride.

dgater

I hate to hear these hard luck stories about Lynn at Mondello. My 400 crate engine from Mondello ( Lynn ) wasn't a 400 at all. I got 20 miles out of it. Before it spun a rod bearing. Haven't disassembled it completely to see what all was wrong. Nothing but lies from Lyn. So far the engine is nothing like the build sheet.

You must be logged in to post on the forums