1977 Cutlass Salon 455 Rocket Cold Start

Showcase your Oldsmobile

12 replies in this topic | 4,985 reads
1977CUTLASSSALON
Beginner

These are photos of my 455 Rocket Oldsmobile engine that was (BUILTandINSTALLED )by ownerLynn Welfringer of Mondello Performance. Unfortunately this engine lasted only 200 + miles after personally picking it up and driving it to Sun Valley California for transport to the East coast byReliable Car Carriers. I had my car sent directly to Rubright Racing of Limerick Pennsylvania to do a complete engine rebuild. These photos and video of my enginewere taken after the complete rebuild by Rubright Racing Limerick Pennsylvania.Image title

Image title

Image title

Joffroi
Administrator

Is that the same engine that caused all those problems in your other threads?

1977CUTLASSSALON
Beginner

Yes, this is indeed the BRAND NEW MONDELLO 455 CRATE ENGINE THAT WAS ( BUILT and INSTALLED )BY LYNN WELFRINGER OF MONDELLO PERFORMANCE THAT LASTED ONLY200 + MILES... These photos and video were takenafter the rebuild by Rubright racing. Since the rebuild the engineruns like a ( Scared Jack Rabbit ) like an Oldsmobile 455 should !!!!!

1977CUTLASSSALON
Beginner

Joffroi
Administrator

Looks great! (sounds great too)

z11375ss
Beginner

My buddy's 77 had a 350 in it. This is what he desired but couldn't afford. You did it right it sounds like. Nice pulley set up. Is that March? $$$$$

1977CUTLASSSALON
Beginner

1977CUTLASSSALON
Beginner

Just got the car out of storage today and drove it for the first time since Columbus day 2015.

1977CUTLASSSALON
Beginner

Image title

Those 70's

1977CUTLASSSALON
Beginner

Image title

1977CUTLASSSALON
Beginner

Image title

Image title

Image title

Joffroi
Administrator

Really nice car.... and one hell of a garage!

67_68_442

That is a gorgeous 77!

You must be logged in to post on the forums