1968 Oldsmobile 442 rear complete

Wanted

4 replies in this topic | 1,623 reads
Joffroi
Administrator

Its to bad this one is far away. The only option my 68 442 is missing is the posi rear end and for $400, this complete rear looks like it would have been a good deal. Even without knowing the exact gears, it seems to at least have that posi tag.

http://longisland.craigslist.org/pts/5409901807.html

Image titleImage title

allyolds68
Beginner

That isn't the correct rear end for your car. You would have had a Chevy rear because it's an Oshawa car

Joffroi
Administrator
allyolds68 wrote:

That isn't the correct rear end for your car. You would have had a Chevy rear because it's an Oshawa car

I know it wouldn't be correct. My 442 current does have the 3.09 chevy rear. Although it wouldn't be correct, it would fit and be fun to have that posi. I'm not sure how much or how easy it is to find a correctchevy posi rear for a canadian built 442. Are they actually more common?

allyolds68
Beginner

Unlike BOP rears I'm pretty sure a aftermarketposi unit is made for your Chevy 3.08 that will bolt right in. Post a question on CO or ask Brian Trick on ROP

Joffroi
Administrator

Thanks for the info. I'll have to look into that. There is a very small chance I may pick up another car so I'll have to see what comes out of that first.

You must be logged in to post on the forums