PICTURES NEEDED FOR THE 2016 Oldsmobile Calendar project!

Wanted

0 replies in this topic | 1,423 reads
BIGJERR

PICTURES NEEDED FOR THE 2016 Oldsmobile Calendar !I have been putting the All Oldsmobile Car Calendar project together for 8 years now,I put my heart and soul into this calendar and I want your car to be in it.. Email me your original non copy righted pictures toBIGJP455@msn.com....Info below!!!!https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oldsmobile-Calendar/108841835892614?ref=hlPICTURES NEEDED FOR THE 2016 All Oldsmobile Car CalendarCHECK OUT FACE BOOK AT "All Oldsmobile Car Calendar"Sponsors needed also,If you helped me out last year you get a free add in this years calendar! Message me for details!!!!!Its that time again Oldsmobile fans!!!!!I need your car pictures! I need your engine shots also!Email them over to:BIGJP455@msn.comPHOTOS NEED TO BE 1200X760 for printing purposes, bigger is fine, smaller is subject to rejection........This is a huge file for a forum,I suggest emailing the big picture over and posting up a smaller version if you want,Or just include a link with your response/post.....I will save it from there...I am looking for unique car pictures for this calendar along with engine bay shots and a front cover shot also!Cars with girls posing on them,cars out in the snow, or any interesting taken pictures go to the front of the line..........DISCLAIMER!PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY COPYRIGHTED IMAGES! No logos in the corner etc.........If you have written or spoken permission to use photo that is all right,If it comes back on me it will then trickle down to the submitter of said photo.......PLEASE INCLUDE:Car ownerCar picture taker (if needed or wanted)Make ModelYearLocation: State/City etc.......I would like to give credit to the owners of the cars,I cant offer much to the submitters other than your car being in the calendar that I pour my heart and soul into for the last 4 years........How to Photograph Your Classic CarAchieving good photographs of your classic car is not difficult.The difference between good pictures and bland pictures is knowing a few simple tricks, and taking the time to do it well. WASH THE CAR! A clean car looks far better in a picture than a dirty one. Take the time to clean and dry the car, to clean the windows, & dress the tires. Make sure that there aren't any water spots. This is the single most important thing that you can do. CHOOSE YOUR SETTING Where you photograph your car will make a big impact on how the pictures look. Try to find a setting that will make your car stand out. For example, a red car in a sea of green grass will jump out at you, whereas a white car against a light colored stone wall will get lost.A dramatic setting will make your car look great, and will makefor a dramatic photo. ELIMINATE DISTRACTIONS When shooting the car, look for things in the frame that are distracting you from the car. Is there a telephone pole growing out of the roof?Is there an object in the background that draws your eye away from the subject? Patrol the area you are shooting for debris,such as trash, leaves, or sticks. UNCONVENTIONAL ANGLES Avoid the temptation to just take the picture from eye level. Try shooting up at a low angle, which will exaggerate the proportions a bit, and make your car seem more impressive. Another trick is to use a step ladder and shoot down on the car, giving a sort of bird's eye view. WIDE ANGLE LENSES The use of a wide angle lens, or by zooming your camera's built in lens to its widest setting, is a great aid to car photography. By using a wide angle and getting in close, you get a different perspective. The area closest to the camera will seem larger than normal, while the area furthest from the camera will seem farther away. By using this technique when shooting automobiles, it can really make the car jump out of the frame. A wide angle lens is also particularly useful at concours events and car shows, where there is not a lot of room to maneuver, and you want to get close to the car to eliminate people and other distractions. POLARIZER If your camera allows the use of filters, buy a polarizer. A polarizer is quite simply one of the most indispensable tools any photographer can have. A polarizer eliminates glare and reflections, increases color saturation, and can improve contrast. Your car, with all its chrome, glass, and shiny paint, is like a magnet for reflections. By using a polarizer, you can control the reflections, either eliminating them completely, or using them to your artistic advantage. WHEN TO SHOOT While you can certainly shoot your car at any time, the best light is typically found just after sunrise, or just before sunset. As the sun "travels across the sky" the lighting direction changes relative to your subject. Not only does the lighting direction change throughout the day, but the color changes as well, from cool before sunrise to warm just after sunrise to neutral at midday to warmer near sunset to cooler after sunset. Night shots of cars can also be very dramatic, particularly if you have the vehicle in a setting with interesting lighting (neon lights, gas station, lighted signs, etc.)LIGHTS ON? When you're shooting, try turning the parking lights on, maybe even the headlights if it's just before dusk, just to add a little drama to your photos. The most important rule to remember when doing photography is that there are no rules! The best pictures are typically a result of experimenting. Film is relatively cheap (and digital photography is practically free!), so shoot lots of pictures to get a few really good photos.

You must be logged in to post on the forums