Wanted 1972 442 W-30 (70-71 ok too)

Wanted

12 replies in this topic | 2,404 reads
Joffroi
Administrator

Here is a rough one that just came on the market. $3,500 OBO. There are a couple 72 W30 owners here (me being one of the proud ones).

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums/cars-sale/116519-1972-w30-project-car.html

Image title

Image title

Image title

Image title

Joffroi
Administrator
jasonadrake wrote:

Wanted prefer 1972 W-30 but 1970-1971 ok too. Any color, driver condition give or take, must be automatic, other options open. jasonadrake@aol.com 651-564-0735. Prefer email or text. Thanks!!

Oh, and what location are you looking in?

Joffroi
Administrator

Since you aren't too far from Canada, it might be worth checking that area out. Thats were I found mine and the exchange rate is really working in our favor. kijiji is a site they have similar to craigslist. You can't complain too much about your collect if you have a F85 Rallye!

Joffroi
Administrator
jasonadrake wrote:

Found car, couldn't figure out how to delete this post looking for one, sorry, thanks!!

Seriously? Did you actually find a 72 W30? I feel like you gotta share more info! Haha

Joffroi
Administrator
jasonadrake wrote:

Sorry no should have been more clear. Found "A" car ha ha. 1970 442. Non W-30. Will have my hands/driveway full now so the active search is off but will always have my eyes open of course.

70 442 is definitely not to shabby. I'm still surprised you found a 442 at all that quickly. Feel free to post a restoration thread or in the Showcase your Olds! Enjoy.

jasonadrake

OK, still looking for 70-72 W-30, would prefer 1972 hardtop, no convertible. No huge projects and no show pieces. Would prefer something in between, good running driver that needs this and that.

Joffroi
Administrator
jasonadrake wrote:

OK, still looking for 70-72 W-30, would prefer 1972 hardtop, no convertible. No huge projects and no show pieces. Would prefer something in between, good running driver that needs this and that.

Did the 442 fall through?
jasonadrake

Unfortunately yes although nobodies fault. Great car just too many little things adding up that needed work on the car and then not being able to take a closer look personally. In the end determined it wasn't the right car at the right time.

jasonadrake

Still looking: 1972 442 W-30, automatic only, hardtop please/no convertibles, any condition although ideally great running and driving, body condition not as important. I am located in SE Minnesota but open to any location. THE PERFECT CAR: all mechanically great and/or rebuilt, body components/suspension great, older/original paint, not a show car but a great driver. Thanks!!

Joffroi
Administrator
jasonadrake wrote:

Still looking: 1972 442 W-30, automatic only, hardtop please/no convertibles, any condition although ideally great running and driving, body condition not as important. I am located in SE Minnesota but open to any location. THE PERFECT CAR: all mechanically great and/or rebuilt, body components/suspension great, older/original paint, not a show car but a great driver. Thanks!!

I am not sure what happened to your original post of this thread, but good luck with the search. Sounds like you are looking for exactly what I found so there are out there! I'll keep my eyes open. I know you are looking for automatic only, but 4 speed one came on the market.https://www.oldsmobilecentral.com/for-sale/1972/442-Pottstown.php

jasonadrake

Yes I have been watching this one, price continually going between 28,000 and 35,000 changing almost daily on eBay. It is weird, not quite sure what the guy is up to. Thanks for the tip and keeping your eyes out for one. I keep a close eye on your site here as well as Facebook, great work. Thanks!!

You must be logged in to post on the forums