• Cowl Tag includes the 5V code (required for a real 442) - see pics
• Cowl Tag paint code “E” Midnight Blue – correct – see pics
• Cowl Tag interior code “980” Black – correct – see pics
• Engine Casting # 390925E (442 Engine - very rare) - see pics
• Engine Stamped Code VG - V210714G (442 Engine) - see pics
• Based on Documents and Verbal Information - verbal information has not yet been verified
• According to documentation (sales invoice, warranty card, insurance card, etc.) that came with the car, the original owners purchased the car in January of 1967. See website for names.
• Three early photos of the car were found in a book in the trunk. (see pics on website). You will notice the car had wire wheel covers. A set of wire wheel covers are in the trunk (included in this sale).
• Documents also include a photocopy of a title dated 9/1/83, in the same name as listed on the front of the current title. I was told (attempting to verify) that this person is a daughter of the original owners. I was also told that even though the title was changed, the original owner continued to use the car.
• Storage: I was told that at some point, the car was put into storage. I do not have exact details (attempting to get more information).
• Post Storage: I was told that the 442 was removed from storage and in the fall of 2019 the car was sold to the auto service center / dealer who did the post-storage auto service. See "Post Storage Service" below.
• After the car was removed from storage, the following services were preformed:
o New wheels and tires
o New exhaust system
o New brake components
o Power Top Components Serviced
o Appears to have new rear coil springs
o Appears to have new gas tank
o Appears to have new battery
o Appears to have new trunk mat
• 400 Cubic Inch High Compression 350 hp Engine - see codes
• Three speed standard transmission - floor shift
• Bench seat with fold-out center arm rest
• Power Convertible Top
In The Trunk:
• Original Wire Wheel Covers
• Car Cover
• Spare Tire
• The car starts, runs and drives Excellent – see videos on Website
• The car handles, steers and brakes Excellent – see video on Website
• No noticeable fluid drips on garage floor
• Speedometer works
• Gas Gauge works
• AM Radio works
• Lights work
• Convertible top is in great condition – no tears – see pics and video on Website.
• All Window regulators work correctly
• Windows align correctly into convertible top
• Doors “snap” shut
• Door Locks work correctly
• Windshield Wipers do not turn on – haven’t researched yet – possibly just a fuse?
• Paint has a BEAUTIFUL shine, and has several minor “beauty marks” from usage and storage. These include a few tiny paint chips, few tiny dimples, etc. The best way for me to describe the current condition is non-restored in very nice driver condition. Chrome is very nice. See “Body Pics” and “Walk Around Video” on Website.
Original Documents & Books (included with car sale):
• Sales Invoice
• Protect-O-Plate and Warranty Card
• Registration Card
• Owner’s Manual
• Power Top Care Manual
• Folder of other assorted papers and books
• Appears to have original interior, including the working AM radio
• Appears to have original engine. The codes on the engine confirm that it is for a 1967 442, and I can not absolutely verify that it is original to the car, because according to Antique Automobile Club of America, Oldsmobile did not stamp body VIN numbers on engines until 1968. So, there are no numbers to “match”. Ref: https://forums.aaca.org/topic/107560-explanation-of-matching-numbers/
• Obviously routine service items and tune up components have been replaced over the years.
• I was verbally told that many years ago, the car was repainted the original correct color, Midnight Blue. And, I was told that a very small patch panel was installed in the floor pan in the driver’s seat area.
• Clear title with no Liens
• Current title: The current title is still in the name of the second owner. I was told that the 1983 second owner title was lost, and a new second owner Replacement Title was issued in Oct. 2019. At the time of storage removal and sale, the back of title was signed over to "dealer" (the auto service center / dealer who did the post-storage service on the car). The title was again signed over to "dealer" Gasville USA. There is another space available for "buyer". See pics of title on Website.
Some content in menu 1.