I need to know the trim of my car. Plz help!

1973-1977

2 replies in this topic | 3,718 reads
bassem

Hi guys, i have a '76 olds cutlass (the aerodynamic sloped nose model). I want to know if it is a true 442 but i don't know how. I found the VIN code at the bottom of the windshield, and i searched for it online with a GM cars VIN decoder, but it didn't work. Please guys i need a help to know if my car is a real 442 or not. This is my car's VIN: 3G37R6M421624. If you give me all info in the VIN i will be so glad. And plz tell me how can i know if my '76 cutlass is a 442. Thank you guys.

74hurstolds
bassem wrote:

Hi guys, i have a '76 olds cutlass (the aerodynamic sloped nose model). I want to know if it is a true 442 but i don't know how. I found the VIN code at the bottom of the windshield, and i searched for it online with a GM cars VIN decoder, but it didn't work. Please guys i need a help to know if my car is a real 442 or not. This is my car's VIN: 3G37R6M421624. If you give me all info in the VIN i will be so glad. And plz tell me how can i know if my '76 cutlass is a 442. Thank you guys.

The only way to know is IF you find the build sheet. It'll have a W29 appearance package option listed. Most of the time they are missing. Otherwise, you'll never know. Besides, your car right now as it sits is no different than a 442. There are no performance options with the 442 package. In fact you could get one with a 260 engine.

fsknelr

Check under the rear seat bottom. Between the spring and cushion. This is where I found the build sheet for my two '77 442's.

You must be logged in to post on the forums